The Deputy Digital Organizing Director role will be responsible for maintaining a distributed and relational organizing program for the Governor’s virtual and potential in-person campaign. This person will manage all outreach across the state as well as volunteer hubs. Management of a team of digital organizers to accomplish priorities will also be involved. This role will be responsible for creating, planning, managing, and executing digital organizing strategy for the distributed and relational program. This position will report to the Digital Organizing Director, and it is not an entry-level role.
The Deputy Digital Director will work with the broader digital and digital organizing teams to push the Governor’s messaging across digital channels, organizing channels, and interdepartmental priorities, connecting with voters directly on the issues that are most important to them. The starting salary range for the Deputy Digital Organizing Director is $6,000- $7,000 a month.
Responsibilities and Scope
- Track engagement and growth across organizing channels including working with digital on social analytics, charting and working with specific metrics to track and optimize.
- Working organizing, digital organizing manager, and the digital organizing director to receive voter feedback and propose adjustments accordingly.
- Bringing in out-of-state support for our distributed program, and aid the distributed program where needed.
- Streamline priorities in tech, create helpful data organizing tools, and maximize impact and syncing between digital organizing tools, Votebuilder, and voter information.
- Researching tools and practices being utilized to succeed across the country.
- Identifying community stakeholders to workshop messages.
- Managing digital organizers/managers.
- At least two cycles (2-4 years) of organizing, marketing, advertising, research, and/or analytics experience, in any advocacy or private sector space.
- At least one cycle of digital experience, either on a campaign or with a political firm or organization.
- Basic knowledge of data and coding.
- Familiarity with VoteBuilder and distributed organizing tools such as ThruTalk, Hubdialer, Hustle, ThruText, Spoke, etc.
- Comfortable producing productivity and analytic reports.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Advanced knowledge of data, tech, and coding is a plus.
- Desire to grow into this position and work interdisciplinary.
- Strong math or statistical skills.
- Experience interacting and pushing voters/customers/people in high-paced environments towards a goal.
- An understanding of the New Jersey political landscape is a plus.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “[NAME]: Deputy Digital Organizing Director” in the subject line.